- Free 5 Minute Estimates | 20 Years of Being Locally Owned | Licensed, Certified and Fully Insured
- (636) 200-3000
- Hours: 8:00 AM • 4:00 pm
No More Mosquito Bites When You Hire the Experts!
At Best Lawn Care, we spray all around the property where mosquitoes may be hiding and laying eggs. This includes underneath decks, bushes, trees and any low areas where water might gather.
Much has been published about the Zika virus. This virus is primarily transmitted to humans by the Aedes mosquito. As of January 18, 2017, 217 cases of this disease have been locally transmitted by a mosquito in the continental United States. 211 cases have been reported in the state of Florida and the other six have been reported in Texas. Local mosquito-borne transmission of Zika virus has been reported in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and American Samoa as well as Mexico.
What Can You Do to Control Mosquitoes?
You can help control mosquitoes around your home and business by following these maintenance tips:
- Collect and discard all artificial containers such as tin cans, bottles, buckets, vases and old tires.
- Check and clean your rain gutters and downspouts so they are not blocked by leaves or other debris.
- Stack pails, barrels, tubs and vases up-side down.
- Cover boats and canoes or store them upside down.
- Stock garden pools and lily ponds with small fish, including the top water feeding minnow and goldfish.
- Fill in or drain any low places where water may stand for more than 10 days.
- Empty and clean small wading pools and bird baths weekly.
- Provide filtration and chlorination of back yard swimming pools.
- Drain outdoor pet and livestock water tanks weekly or stock them with goldfish or top water feedings minnows.
- Cover rain barrels, cisterns or fire barrels with 16-mesh wire screening.
- Store wheelbarrows upside down.
After you have taken steps to reduce the mosquito habitat on your property, you can protect yourself by making sure your home is securely screened, wearing protective clothing and using mosquito repellent.
An Internet search for best insect repellent reviews by Consumer Reports provides information on insect repellents that are found to be the most effective at protecting you from mosquito bites.
For a FREE estimate on mosquito control services, call Best Lawn Care today.
Call for a Quick Free Estimate
Within 30 Minutes!
Serving the Area for 20 Years
"I have had the best experience with Best Lawn Care they are a great company."
- Donna Adams, Google Review